Spicy Smokin' Salmon
- 2 lbs. salmon fillet, or use 6 salmon steaks
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 lemon plus zest from half the lemon
- ¼ cup Vermont Harvest Smokin’ Garlic Tomato Spread
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce - or to taste
Squeeze the lemon and reserve the juice in a bowl. Grate half the lemon and add zest to the juice in the bowl. Add remaining ingredients (except salmon) and mix thoroughly.
Preheat broiler and adjust rack to about 6 inches below flame. Spread about 3 tablespoons sauce over the salmon and broil about 4 minutes. Turn and broil 3 - 4 more minutes until done. Place on service tray.
Dice ½ sweet red pepper and mix with 2 tablespoons fresh parsley and mix in with the remaining sauce. Pour over salmon. Serves 6.
Also great with swordfish or chicken!