- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved (6 portions)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup Vermont Harvest Apple Rum Walnut Conserve
- 1 cup “lite” sour cream
- 1 tbsp Vermont Harvest Tomato Chutney
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Saute the chicken in 3 tbsp oil until no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove to platter and put in warm oven.
- Combine balance of ingredients while chicken is cooking, pour into sauce pan and stir over low heat until the sauce is heated through and has reduced somewhat.
- Remove chicken from oven and add to heated sauce mixture.
- For a thicker, richer sauce you can use cream instead of milk and “regular” sour cream instead of “lite,” but I find the sauce is delicious and “guilt free” with the listed ingredients.
- Serve with a simple rice pilaf and your favorite vegetable.