Recipes are only guidelines!! You can substitute Tomato Chutney, Jalapeno Pepper Jelly or Pineapple Pepper Jelly for the Smokin’ Garlic. Cheddar or Gorgonzola may be substituted for the goat cheese.
- 4 oz. Vermont Harvest Smokin’ Garlic Tomato Spread
- 4 oz. Chevre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 small baguette (about 6-8” long)
- Cut top off garlic and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- Remove cloves from skin and mash with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut the bread horizontally.
- Spread each side with the roasted garlic paste.
- Spread the Smokin’ Garlic Tomato Spread over the garlic paste and sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Broil the slices about six inches from the flame so they don’t brown too quickly.
- Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- When the cheese is melted, remove from broiler and cut into slices and serve.