Need a quick appetizer for last minute guests? If you’ve got mushroom caps and a jar of garlic tomato spread you’ve got a tasty snack everyone will rave about.
- 4 Portabella mushroom caps
- 8oz. jar Smokin’ Garlic Tomato Spread
- 8oz. Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Clean mushrooms and cut stems off caps.
- Spread inside of cap with a little olive oil. Place cap on hot grill, inside facing down. Cook 6-8 minutes. Then spread top side of cap with a little olive oil and turn mushroom caps over and continue to cook.
- Spread 2 ounces (about 1/4 jar) Smokin’ Garlic Tomato evenly over the insides of the caps. Divide the shredded cheese evenly and sprinkle inside the caps. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are done and the cheese has melted.
- Serve one per person as a sit-down appetizer or cut into wedges and serve as cocktail snacks.